Zen Luxury. Creating a Garden that is Lush. Easy. Peaceful.

Zen Luxury.  Creating a Garden that is Lush.  Easy.  Peaceful.

Friday, July 16, 2010

What's Eating You?




Ewwww.

I remember hearing that question a thousand times, "What's eating you?" or maybe even, "What's bugging you?"

(sigh)

I got a bit too much insight on that today. What the heck happened? It got really hazy, hot and humid and I missed looking at my plants for a day? Look what happened...

Luckily the damage seemed confined to the sweet potatoes and the calla lilies. I did the total organic "thing". That is, I yelled and then shook the plant leaves. Beetles fly away pretty quick.

I'm keeping an eye out for a return.

2 comments:

  1. That's a Japanese Beetle. Beautiful insect and a tremendous non-native pest.
    What an inviting blog, I'm coming back for ideas when spring gets closer!

    ReplyDelete