Zen Luxury. Creating a Garden that is Lush. Easy. Peaceful.

Zen Luxury.  Creating a Garden that is Lush.  Easy.  Peaceful.

Friday, July 16, 2010

June 23 the Color and Texture of a Garden






As I've stated elsewhere on this blog, I'm not a big fan of Symmetry. Oh sure, it has its place and I have witnessed some stunning landscapes done with pleasing symmetry.

It's just not for me.

In these photos, you can see how I've mixed silver-grey foliage with blues and purple flowers, set against complementary colors from the opposite side of the color wheel to create an impact. I've added dark foliage, variegated foliage and lacy trailing foliage all to add variety.


Though I am a beginner, I hope you can see evidence of some dark foliage and deep jewel tone flowers to offset the lighter pastels of small flowers.


1 comment: