Zen Luxury. Creating a Garden that is Lush. Easy. Peaceful.

Zen Luxury.  Creating a Garden that is Lush.  Easy.  Peaceful.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Why My Garden is Better Than Your Garden

[I just wanted to know if that totally immature heading would be good marketing for my blog post today! lol]

Reasons why my garden is superior to yours (maybe):


  1. No animals that trample, eat or poop may enter my garden. That's because this garden is a second floor balcony and free from access by deer, moose, cats, big wheels, digging dogs and inquisitive neighbors.


  2. Easy care. I can water the whole garden in 7 minutes or less. I can trim and maintain the plants and flowers in about 10-15 minutes (or until the ice melts in my vodka).



Aww, don't hate me because I pretend to be smug on my tiny little patch of paradise.


How lucky are all of us who posses our own patch of green garden, no matter what size that garden might be?

That actually makes me think of a third advantage, though frankly, we all share in this one. It is MY garden. Mine to enjoy. Each and every one of you fellow gardeners has that very same advantage.

How cool is that?

Blog on!

20 comments:

  1. You win. I have three dogs that rampage through my garden. Mosquitos that eat me alive and a bunny that devours whole plants in one sitting! I like your fountain. You seem to have a way with combining plants in containers. I like your color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto. My garden is fairly crappy looking right now. I'm reduced to macroshots and sweeping overstatement. I don't have the critter problem most gardeners do by some hand of providence. I bet I don't water as much as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My garden is small therefore manageable... haha.. but i get envious over gardeners with big plot and with huge harvest! You do have a cute garden. ~bangchik

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your garden! :-D You definitely have green fingers.
    I wish you a continous great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your balcony garden and your blog :) You show us so well how to make something small look so tremendously big

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think all gardeners are secretly a little smug. Perhaps that's why so many of us blog, too! Your garden is beautiful and you deserve to be proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the part about the ice and the vodka. You've got a Nice garden. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, a garden smaller than mine. I thought your post was funny, especially reason number one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many years ago I had a small balcony garden like yours. Just wait a few years and I will bet yours will grow so much that you will need either a larger balcony or some land! Looking forward to watching you grow!

    I found your blog on blotanical. Have fun in the garden today.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet I could get you a few squirrels from my yard who would be right at home there... as a matter of fact I insist :)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic! I love your balcony garden and blog. I like it!
    Thanks for sharing...Flowering Pear

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great garden! can't imagine the effort that you gave. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Regarding the heading I would say undoubtedly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought this was just a sort of a joke.. but I got some idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is very beautiful! was this difficult to make on your veranda?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great garden! can't imagine the effort that you gave. Keep it up!

    Garden centre Oxfordshire

    ReplyDelete