Zen Luxury. Creating a Garden that is Lush. Easy. Peaceful.

Zen Luxury.  Creating a Garden that is Lush.  Easy.  Peaceful.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Butterfly Arrives June 15

I saw this little guy flitting about the grounds earlier today.

I am gratified to observe that my garden has "passed muster" for a butterfly feeding, if only from two varieties of flowers. This butterfly is a very light yellow with a spot on each wing. After reviewing the regional butterflies at www.discoverlife.org site, it appears this butterfly is one of the Sulfur variety, either the Colias interior or the Colias philodice (aka, the Lively Clouded Sulfur).

Note, of course, that I could be totally wrong about that.



Time to review my Preferred Garden Visitor list for 2010, and see which of my intended visitors have been spotted to date:

1. bumble bee - CHECK
2. ladybug -- CHECK
3. butterfly -- CHECK
4. bird -- CHECK

No comments:

Post a Comment