Zen Luxury. Creating a Garden that is Lush. Easy. Peaceful.

Zen Luxury.  Creating a Garden that is Lush.  Easy.  Peaceful.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Budget for 2010 Balcony Garden

Budget and Expense: A note should be entered herein on the concept of spending money for gardening. I freely admit that gardens, whether you are graced with an expansive acre or charmed with a small balcony or patio, can be a costly commitment.

Many of the blog sites I review are created by folks with more creativity than money and I applaud each and every one of these green thumbs. Yet I find myself in agreement with a statement from my older sister, “I just don’t care to wait for the seedlings to grow anymore.” Yep. My decision regarding this balcony garden is to ignore any budget constraints in 2010. I've just retired and will be spending lots of time at home. Accordingly, I will not concern myself with any budget on my garden. I just want a lush planting! I want a luscious, tropical wonderland of exotic, colorful plants. A Jungle. As an added bonus, making the neighbors a wee bit jealous would be quite fun as well.

I am keeping track of most of these expenses elsewhere, so for those readers who may want some guidelines, I'll make that available over time.

1 comment: