Zen Luxury. Creating a Garden that is Lush. Easy. Peaceful.

Zen Luxury.  Creating a Garden that is Lush.  Easy.  Peaceful.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Progress Photos - Phase 1 Window Boxes

On May 1, 2010, I planted 3 window boxes. The photos below document the progress of these 3 boxes just 7 days later:




[L. to R.]Torenia (violet moon hybrid), Nemesia (Angleart Pear), Gerbera, and a blue pansy.





The photos are beginning to show a need for the first trimback on spent flowers.



I am pleased to see that most of these plants have weathered the first week very well.





A few adjustments will be made to the plantings in the next week or so. This will will in any gaps. Did I say "gaps"? Some of these look a bit overplanted, especially for the first week.



The lovely pale yellow Calibrachoa (Cabaret Yellow) has charmed me and I returned to the nursery for additional colors.



That dahlia is actually a lovely orange, though it appears "peach" here. Same for the Gerbera.


My alyssum did not do very well. I had two 4-packs and most of them look pretty dead thus far.



Here in the last shot, croton, zinnia and gerbera. I was inspired to use the foliage plants instead of flowers for my center speciman plants. So far, I am really liking that concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment